Middle Bass Island (originally Isle des Fleures) is a 805 acre island located north of South Bass Island and south of North Bass Island (Isle St George). Makes sense – right! It is in northern Ottawa County. Kelleys Island is east of the Bass Islands, and is located in Erie County. They are surrounded by other smaller islands. Larger Pelee Island in Canada is to the North.
Middle Bass Island’s central location within the Bass Islands, as well as the other Lake Erie Islands makes it an ideal place for you to base your Lake Erie vacation or to purchase a home, building site, cottage or condominium. An undiscovered Ohio gem, the prices are still very reasonable.
Bass Island things to see and do:
- J.F. Walleyes Microbrewery – On Middle Bass Island (MBI) holds regular events throughout the year. Food, drinks, live entertainment and more!
- St. Hazards Resort – Events, rental trailers and campsites, bar/restaurant. Villa mobile homes occasionally are available for sale.
- Middle Bass Island Yacht Club – Great Lakes boater’s connection.
- Middle Bass Rentals – Your best source for renting a place for a day, week or month.
- Miller Boat Line – Your ferry to Middle Bass Island. Part of the experience – enjoy the trip.
- Take a Virtual Tour of Middle Bass Island – The quiet island for active people.
- Sonny S – Put-in-Bay is just a shuttle boat ride away! Leave the “Quiet Island for Active People” for the “hopping” spot in the islands. You can generally catch a ride on the hour during the summer months.
- YouTube Video Tour of Middle Bass Island.
- The village of Put-in-Bay is packed with shopping and dining opportunities. Many unique tourist attractions. Take a quick tour.
- Lake Erie Island Real Estate – The “Hisey Group”
- Middle Bass Island State Park and Marina – Check out the tour!
- Lonz Winery – Now owned by the State of Ohio. It is unfortunately falling into disrepair since purchased by the state, but you can still walk the grounds of this grand old establishment. (Let’s hope the state does something. How about a place for all of Ohio Wineries to display, sell and show-off our great Ohio wines as a group?)
- Middle Bass Lakeshore Condominiums – Formerly part of St Hazards Resort. These condos are undergoing a transformation resulting in amazing prices now.
This is just a sampling of what the islands have to offer. Other forms of transportation include water taxi’s and private plane service. Mainland activities include wineries, Cedar Point Amusement Park, and nature areas and parks throughout the island/coastal region. Fishing and boating opportunities abound.