Middle Bass Island
"The Quiet Island for Active People"
Middle Bass Island, Ohio has a very “small town” atmosphere. Middle Bass is 805 acres, and is located within the Lake Erie Islands in Ottawa County, Ohio. It is one of 23 islands and is the “Middle” island of the three “Bass” Islands. The most affordable of the islands, it has scheduled full service passenger and vehicle ferry service. It also has passenger only service in season to the village of Put-in-Bay on South Bass Island.
This beautiful island is centrally located among the Lake Erie Islands, and is surrounded by some of the best fishing waters in the world. There is a slower pace of life with summer programs for children, regular community events, and plenty of friendly people.
What is there to do on this beautiful island?
- Bird Watching – On major migration routes.
- Nature Areas – There are many wildlife areas and several trails for enjoying the outdoors.
- Biking – You’ll see many bicycles. This is a major form of exercise and transportation on the island.
- Kayaking – Part of many Kayaking events on Lake Erie, it is a frequent destination. Kayak fishing is also very popular.
- Fishing – World class fishing surrounds this island. The Walleye capital of the world, bass, catfish, and of course amazing Perch fishing.
- Running/Walking – It’s an island. You can walk anywhere you need to go!
- Boating – Middle Bass Island Yacht Club, The Middle Bass Island State Park Marina and Burgundy Bay Marina.
- Dining –