Marblehead & Catawba Island Real Estate
Two beautiful communities surrounded by water.
Collectively known as the Marblehead Peninsula, this beautiful area includes Danbury Township, Lakeside on Lake Erie, beautiful Johnson’s Island (accessible by bridge) and the Village of Marblehead.
Marblehead is surrounded by many miles of shoreline along Lake Erie, harbors and Sandusky Bay. This area is rich with marinas, restaurants, gorgeous homes and condominiums, historical sites and entertainment. Enjoy orchards and farm markets, art galleries nature trails.
Things to see and do:
- Monsoon Lagoon Waterpark, 1530 S. Danbury Rd, Port Clinton, Ohio, 419-732-6671
- Dempsey Wildlife Area, Sandusky Bay access & public boat launch, 419-424-5000
- War of 1812 Historic Marker, Monument and Grave Site, marking the first battle of the War of 1812. 9900 E. Bayshore Road, located on the south side of the road across from the Wolcott House.
- Wolcott House, first lighthouse keeper’s home, 9999 E. Bayshore Road.
- Johnson’s Island, Civil War POW Prison and Cemetary for Confederate Officers. (There is a $2 gate fee to access the causeway to Johnson’s Island)
- Lake Point Park, picnic facilities, restrooms and fishing, view of Cedar Point and Kelley’s Island.
- Marblehead Lighthouse State Park, lighthouse tours and museum.
- Kelleys Island Ferry, 510 W. Main St, Marblehead, Ohio, 419-798-9763
- James Park, picnic facilities and restrooms.
- Ferguson Gallery, excellence in glass art for over 30 years
- Lakeside, “The Chautauqua on Lake Erie”
- Mazurik Access, shoreline fishing & public boat launch, 419-424-5000
- Train-O-Rama, Ohio’s largest operating multi-gauge model railroad display open to the public! Buses Welcome!
- East Harbor State Park, camping, swimming, hiking, picnic , bird watching, boat ramp.
- African Safari Wildlife Park, Each year we offer new entertainment and attractions, so come one, come all and come ofter to African Safari Wildlife Park. 267 Lightner Road (off Route 2) Port Clinton, Ohio. 419-732-3606. Call for Special Group Rates.
- Local Produce and Roadside Stands, the Marblehead Peninsula has many Roadside Stands through out the Peninsula when the produce is ready for harvest. Peaches and Apples are local favorites. – Bergman Orchards
- Ghostly Manor A Haunting Experience, Rated top 10 in the U.S. The wait for Halloween is Over! Walk through this amazing haunt filled with chills, thrills, ghosts and spirits. A unique experience unlike any other.
- XD 3D Motion Theater, Transcends time, space and imagination. This 3D Theater boasts up to 2G’s of acceleration and 100 movements per second. Listen to incredible high-definition surround sound in individual patented Mad Wave motion seats. Visit Ohio’s first and only!
- Christi’s Just For Ewe, 7 Shops In 1 Stop on your way to the famous Marblehead Lighthouse and Lakeside, Ohio’s Chautauqua on Lake Erie Open year round!
Catawba Island, Ohio
While no longer a true island it was at one time separated from the mainland by water on all sides. Today’s Catawba island has multiple access points, and is the home to ferry docks, a state park, marinas, orchards, amazing restaurants, a winery, and so much more.
Housing includes condominiums, gated communities, lakefronts, and cottages. Contact us today to start your Catawba home search!
Catawba Island was indeed an island long ago –
Things to do:
- Catawba Island State Park – A ten acre park with fishing pier, four boat ramps, and picnic areas.
- Mon Ami Winery – Restaurant and Historic Winery is one of the oldest wineries in the Lake Erie Islands region.
- Bergman Orchards – A wonderful farm market with three locations. Over 150 years of serving this vacation community.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.